How to cook tapioca?
Definitely, you’d treat yourself a lot if you can make your own boba tea. To start, you need to prep tapioca balls right. Remember to follow the instructions to the letter so you don’t get overly soft balls in the process.
● To start, check that you have the right portions. And that’s 7
parts water for every 1 part tapioca.
Pour tapioca balls into boiling water
● Be careful with your timing. Pour the balls only when the water has achieved a rolling boil.
● For best results, stir the mixture lightly so your tapioca balls
don’t settle at the bottom
Let the balls float to the top
● When the balls start floating, they’re starting to heat up.
Cook for 15 minutes on high heat
● Once all the balls are floating, cover the pot.
● Make sure you maintain a rolling boil for 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes for the best outcome.
Cool down for 15 minutes
● After 15 minutes of cooking, let the pot cool. Take it off the heat and make it sit for approximately 15 minutes.
● To further cool down, run cool or lukewarm water over the
pearls. Subsequently, drain the water out to leave them to dry.
● Transfer cooked tapioca to a large enough container. Then
cover it all with sugar syrup or alternatively use brown
● Cover and after a few minutes, serve.