Fish maw (Yu Piu / 魚鰾 or Fa Gau / 花膠 ) is the dried form of fresh and high quality air bladders of fish, which are rich in gelatin. The air bladders are taken from large cod fishes and graded according to size. Suitable for family use.
The Atlantic cod is a benthopelagic fish of the family Gadidae, widely consumed by humans. It is also commercially known as cod or codling. Dry cod may be prepared as unsalted stockfish, and as cured salt cod or Fish Maw.
Taste: Sweet in taste and mild in nature
Package: Atlantic Cod Fish Maw x 1kg
Weight/Unit: 26 - 39g ( 23 - 16 頭/斤 )
Fish maw is of high protein content and low in fats. It contains rich nutrients such as phosphor and calcium. Best for people with weak lungs and kidneys or suffering from anaemia (貧血). It is suitable for consumption by any age group of either gender and is a kind of therapeutic food.
- Eplenishes the blood
- Invigorates kidneys essence
- Tonifies the Yin
- Give youthful complexion
- Soak the dried fish maw in water, preferably cold water and store it in the fridge. Make sure the water is completely cover up the whole body of fish maw. If the fish maw is too big, you may cut it into half or to the sizes you need.
- Check if the Fish maw is soften and easy to bend after storing for about 6-8 hours.
- After that, boil the soften fish maw with slices of ginger to remove the fishy smell. Add in cooking wine to further remove the fishy smell. Then boil it for about 1 minute.
- Finally, take out the fish maw and soak it in cold water and store in the fridge overnight, about 12 hours. Then it is ready to cook!
Note： be careful that the utensils for soaking must be oil-free and do not add soda to the water, or else the fish maw will melt readily and its taste gets altered.
Way of Storage：
Place the fish maw in cool and dry place. If it is to be stored for some time before serving, it should be sealed and place in refrigerator (0-8˚C)
- No additives added
- Our Fish is responsibly caught wild the cold clear water in North East Atlantic Ocean FAO 27 From MSC
- Made in the UK